Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Visitor and The Ranter





So first up is a commission for my friend, PJ. It's a depiction of his dream which he described to me so long ago he had forgotten it. I embellished it a bit. In the dream he said that he had a tinfoil hat and people started bringing him things. All PJ requested was that a wolf be involved. So I made his tinfoil hat extra extravagant and had him intercepted by a gift-giving messenger from some wolf-riding amazon race.

For the people out there who have dreams they would like interpreted please contact me about doing a commission. Much of my work is inspired by dream-like worlds. Worlds where pants aren't always necessary and there's nothing but trouble to get into.


Next is a clip from the field recordings I make while en route to work or home or wherever. Candid crazies, arguments, or any sound I happen upon that gives me pause.

This particular clip is from a very lucid ranter I heard on the street car. He seemed to be addressing not only those on the street car but the city of Toronto as a whole.

TORTURED---


I've provided a transcript of the rantings below so you can follow along? Just in case his genius was not immediately evident.

"...somehow are awarded some of my qualities unto yourselves? I don't think so. I think you're vile. All my qualities tell me you're vile. I tell you I'm being tortured and your like, 'that's what I said. You know?' There's a frickin' difference actually. I have a ludicrous pain tolerance, you might not, eh?"

"No, no, you're not allowed to make fun of me, eh? You're only allowed to send me those fake concerned looks that are more insulting and scarier than anything imaginable. 'Look at me! I can fabricate a fake concerned look. I'm like a George Bush.' Eh?"

"I've been studying reasoning my entire life, Toronto. My entire life. And your arguments as a population are moronic at best. And it would require torture for you to nod 'yes' to those moronic arguments. Are you being tortured, Toronto? Are you just sick and pathetic? Uh? You're just greedy little bastards. I kind of fantasize about being tortured instead of being greedy little nothings."

And then he got off. Wow.

No comments: