Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What a rental.


Alright. I'm not one to be loyal to brands but I love Budget when it comes to renting a car. I love Budget because I hate Discount.

When I arrive to claim my reservation at Discount they say they do not have the car I have reserved but they can offer me a Mini Cooper or a BMW, both of which can not be insured through Discount's insurance policies. They say I will have to call my credit card provider and arrange my own insurance which will, no doubt, be more expensive than the Intermediate car.....which I RESERVED. They say they MIGHT have some cars coming in later, maybe --- they never know. Yes, that's what they said. So I took the subway to the place I had initially planned on driving to. Then 4 hours later they call saying they finally have a car for me. The above was drawn on the subway on my way back across town to pick up my quaint little Chevy Cobalt with nostalgic manual locks (they still make those?) The drawing made me feel much better.

I apologize for the rant but if one person steers clear of Discount then it was worth it!

As a comparison, every time I have reserved an Intermediate car from Budget in the past year they also didn't have that particular car ready for me when I arrived. But THEY gave me something like a Dodge Charger for the price of the Intermediate car every time. The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm convinced Ron.