Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ahoy, Past Self!


So I'm overdue (again) for a post. Well, I just got back from a vacation in California spending time with Amarina's family, so that counts for a bit of my tardiness. It also gave me a chance to see a rather important drawing I did over 3 years ago. The swashbumbling fellow above was drawn for Amy's little brother, James. He was having a pirate birthday party. I couldn't attend but I sent this along. It's an important drawing for me because it ushered in a return to drawing. At the time I wasn't in the habit of drawing at all which was really troubling. And the less I did the more I built up apprehension over starting again. This was probably the first thing I had drawn in months which, thankfully, has become something that is completely unacceptable.

I can't quite remember what I had named this character but the story was that he was the sole survivor of the crew and was going completely bonkers floating around in the crow's nest.

UPDATE: * Lonely Fish-Faced Gerrard *

The captain who went down with the ship and came up with the crow's nest. (Thanks, Shona!)

Next week I'm starting daily posts because even though I'm drawing more now than 3 years ago I'm still not drawing enough. There. I've told the universe. I HAVE to do it now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The identity card of this wondrous fellow reads:

* Lonely Fish-Faced Gerrard *

The captain who went down with the ship and came up with the crow's nest...

Ron Caddigan said...

Thanks a million, Shona! It was driving me crazy!