Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A+B= 5 cents


This is my submission for the Lincoln Exhibition @ the Art In The Age Of Mechanical Reproduction Store. White and shadow orange (metallic) gel pen on matte board. I am falling deeper and deeper in love with these pens. They are so sexy smooth, I highly recommend them. Especially if you are trying to come up with a new signature.
I tried to keep it simple so I could concentrate on Abe's incredible hair. I couldn't resist a harmless looking bullet placed very much like a diagram. The arrangement dictated the title. Other title options included "Famous Headshot" (too "cool") and Emancipation Sensation (too silly). A+B= 5 cents...perhaps just silly enough. I hope they like it. I hope Canadians are clear to submit. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise. Fingers crossed!

No comments: